A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Every young man from your clan must prove himself worthy. To do so one must set forth on a quest and slay the voracious demon. You have waited for this your whole life. Now it is your time.
Voracious is a hack and slash action game that tells a story of lust and greed. It was inspired by classic fantasy action games (Golden Axe, Rastan) where hero fights hordes of enemies. In Voracious however, the story is more important than the thrill of simple combat. This is not a story about revenge or treasure hunting but a story about humanity’s worst traits – greed and lust for power. The art style goes further into simplicity than common retro pixel games. It uses ultra-simple black and white vector graphics.
Play to get
- hordes of enemies
- 1 level that is over 1 kilometer long, but you still have to go back so it's 2 km actually
- 2 alternative endings
- original ambient soundtrack
- normal and easy mode, quick saves and checkpoints
- pickable hearts, mushrooms and sword
How to play
- Arrows / joystick - movement
- Z / Joy0 - attack, successful hits hurt more
- Space / Joy1 - jump
- X / Joy3 - block
- C / Joy2 - contemplate the story so far
- F5 / F9 - quick save and load
- F8 - load last checkpoint
- U - cycle hero thickness
- I - cycle anti-aliasing, only in high quality mode
- F11 - toggle fullscreen
Due to very simple and high-contrast line graphics and also game being side-scroller you may experience flickering of moving vertical lines. If this is an inconvenience please turn off anti-aliasing by pressing I key or via main menu.
- Michał Rostocki – idea, concept, coding and some art
- Maria Rostocka – art
- Mateusz Wiśniewski – story
- Tryk - music
GDPR and Firewall warnings
I do not collect any data however as every Unity Personal Edition game it will try to collect and send some hardware information. Voracious includes menu option to opt-out from this collection nevertheless I noticed that game will try to contact Unity servers before one actually declines it. I suggest to block it on firewall and read Unity regulation on privacy.
|Release date||97 days ago|
|Made with||Unity, Bfxr|
|Tags||2D, ambient, Atmospheric, Experimental, Retro, Short, Singleplayer, Unity, vector|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Gamepad (any)|
This is a standard Unity game. Unpack the ZIP and run EXE on PC or just mount the DMG on Mac. In case of antivirus alerts just follow your conscience.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.